1 Medium Aubergine (sliced)
Salt & pepper
1 Egg (beaten)
½ Onion (sliced)
1 TBSP Oil
1 tsp Coriander Seeds
30ml White Wine Vinegar
1 TBSP Wholegrain Mustard
1 medium Avocado (sliced)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Heat up the oil, and fry the Harvestime chips until golden. Set aside on a paper towel.
- Slice the aubergine into thick slices, and season with salt & pepper. Coat the aubergine with flour and remove excess flour.
- In two separate bowls, add the breadcrumbs and the beaten egg. First dip the aubergine into the egg and then the breadcrumbs.
- Fry the crumbed aubergine until it’s golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- In a small saucepan, on low heat, add the oil and fry the onions for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander seeds and lastly the vinegar. Let it simmer until it’s reduced to a thick and glossy consistency. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, add the mayo, honey and mustard. Mix well until combined.
- To assemble, fill the bread with chips, followed by the crumbed aubergine, next the caramelized onions and lastly the sliced avocado. Drizzle the honey mustard sauce over the avocado and serve.
#HarvestimeKota #KotaRecipe #MakeMealsGoFurther