3 Cups Harvestime Diced Beetroot.
2 Cups Harvestime Diced Potatoes
1 kg Beef Short rib, cut into cubes
1 Cup Flour
1 Teaspoon Pepper
½ Teaspoon Curry Powder
15g Tomato Paste
2 Onions, roughly chopped
4 Cloves Garlic, peeled and cut in half
4 Fresh Tomatoes, roughly chopped
500ml Coke or Cola Flavoured Drink
Salt and Pepper to taste
Pap Dumpling Ingredients
1 kg prepared pap, slightly cooled
300g Hard White Cheese, Grated
10g Chopped Fresh Parsley or 2 Teaspoons Dried Parsley
1 Teaspoon Course Black Pepper
100g Melted Butter
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 120 minutes
Serves: 6 -8 portions
- Dust the short-rib in the flour and dried Spices.
- In a deep pot, heat the oil and brown the short-rib pieces until dark.
- Remove the short-rib from the pot and sauté the onions and garlic until soft.
- Add the tomato paste, short-rib and remaining flour mix and incorporate well.
- Add tomatoes and cola gradually while stirring to eliminate the formation of lumps.
- Cover the mix with cold water and simmer over a gentle heat with the lid on for 90 minutes or until the meats start to come off the bone.
- Remove the lid and add all the vegetables.
- Allow to simmer uncovered for a further 30minutes, or until the sauce has reduced sufficiently.
- For the dumpling, mix all ingredients well and season to taste.
- Roll in to golfball-sized rounds chill until needed.
- Once the short-rib is ready, drop the dumplings in to the pot and simmer gently with the lid on for 10 to 15 minutes until warmed through.