500g Stewing beef
1 Beef Stock
2 Bay Leaves
2 TBSP Oil
1 Large Onion (finely chopped)
1 Green pepper (finely chopped)
1 TBSP Garlic (crushed)
1 TBSP Curry Powder
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Ground Cumin
2 TBSP Tomato paste
2 cups Grated Carrots
1 Canned Tomato
Salt & pepper
Sweet chilli sauce
Prep Time: 3 Hours 30 minutes (to marinade & prepare beef)
- In a large pot, add the stewing beef, beef stock, bay leaf and water. On medium heat, let that simmer for 2 hours. Stirring occasionally.
- Once meat is tender, remove from pot and set aside to cool. Keep remaining stock aside as well.
- In a large saucepan, add the oil and fry the onion and green pepper for 5 mins. Add the garlic and fry for a further 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the curry powder, paprika and cumin and fry for 3 minutes, and add the tomato paste and fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the grated carrots and cook for 8 minutes until the carrots have softened. Add the canned tomato and stir well. Add the cooked meat to the mixture and remaining stock. Add salt and pepper & simmer on low heat for 1 hour.
- Add the sweet chilli sauce and stir well. The stew should be thick and the meat should be tender.
- To assemble, add the stew to the bread.
- Serve with Harvestime Straight Cut Potato Chips and enjoy.
#ChakalakaKota #KotaRecipes #MakeMealsGoFurther