3 Cups Harvestime Chips
80ml White Vinegar
1 Whole White Bread
50g Butter or Margarine
500g Streaky Bacon or any sausage such as a Russian, Vienna, Cheese Griller
100g Iceberg Lettuce, Thinly Shredded
2 Tomatoes, Thick Slices
Prep Time: 5 - 10 min
Cooking Time: 25 - 30 min
- If using bacon, place it on an oven tray and bake until crispy.
- If using sausage, cook in hot oil until golden brown. Drain excess oil and slice in half vertically.
- Pre-heat oil in a deep-fat fryer or large pot.
- Fry the chips until just golden.
- Drain excess oil and sprinkle with salt and a generous helping of vinegar.
- Slice Bread into quarters, split open and lightly butter.
- Layer the bread with chips, bacon/sausage, achar, lettuce and tomatoes.
- Close the bread and press lightly before serving with a salad of your choice.