250g Harvestime Country Mix
Salt and Black Pepper
8 Boerewors Pieces
1 Beef Stock Cube dissolved in 500ml Boiling Water
Half Teaspoon Garlic Flakes
Half Teaspoon Curry Powder
Prep Time: 20 -25 min
Cooking Time: 30 - 35 min
Serves: 4 - 5
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- For the batter, sieve the flour into a mixing bowl. Add the milk and eggs and mix well until smooth and lump free.
- Rest the batter in the fridge for at least 20 to 30 minutes before using.
- Put a deep roasting tray into the preheated oven. Once very hot, add the oil and the Boerewors. Brown the wors in the hot oven, turning now and again until coloured on all sides. The wors does not need to be fully cooked through at this stage.
- Add the Harvestime Vegetables and roast for an additional 10 minutes until any excess moisture has evaporated.
- Drizzle the vegetables and sausages with an additional 80ml of oil.
- Whisk the rested batter and pour it into the hot tin over the browned sausages and vegetables.
- Return to the oven and cook for a further 30 to 35 minutes, or until the batter is risen and golden-brown.
- While the wors is cooking, place sliced onions in a heated pan and fry until brown and fragrant.
- Add the garlic and curry powder and brown for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add stock and reduce over a low heat until the sauce has thickened.
- Season to taste.
- Remove the serving dish from the oven and serve immediately, spooning a generous helping of sauce over each portion.
- Enjoy with the whole family!